Where does your dog go when you have to leave him/her during the day?

20 July 2010

I'll Follow You Until You Love Me....

Thank you so much to everyone who entered our first photo contest! We were so excited each time we would see another entry and loved reading about each dog. To those who sent more than one picture per dog, let it be known that we had a tough time narrowing it down to just one!

Man, I have to say, I wasn't expecting it, but each one of these dogs melts my heart. I am just glad that Becca and I don't have to choose the winner ourselves. It would be way too hard for me, I would probably end up choosing them all which would result in an extremely cluttered blog header. But that won't happen because choosing the winner will be up to you guys!

After you've reviewed each contestant, you can vote for your favorite by name at the top of the blog.

- If you don't already have a google account, it will prompt you to create one
- Next, you will have to follow our blog in order to vote in the poll. Don't worry, you can always unfollow it after you vote!


Voting will be open until July 31st, so rally up your friends to vote for your dog, or your favorite.

So, here they are...the 12 candidates for August's dog of the month. (As always, click pictures to view them up close.)


Yogi


Yogi is a 3 year old Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix owned by Patia Eaton! Not many dogs can say they were named by someone other than their owner.
Patia writes: "I didn't name him. My boss did because everyone was sick of me calling him "Puppy."

When asked to describe Yogi in 3 words, Patia said: " Best. Dog. Ever. ;)"



Beesly


Beesly (pictured at 3 months) is a Beagle owned by Christina and Kevin Klas!
Christina and Kevin were warned not to get a beagle for various reasons, but they had always wanted one and decided to get one anyway. I have a feeling they don't regret it!

Christina writes that "She's named after Pam Beesly from 'The Office' tv show"



Macy Mae


Macy Mae is a 1-1/2 year old Miniature Dachshund owned by Jami Manning! Jami found her dream dog in Macy Mae; "Wanted a female LH doxie horridly bad so my husband surprised me when we went down to TX to see his family last Feb and I picked her out for my birthday." Personally I can't think of a better birthday present than a Dachshund puppy. But hey, I'm a little biased.



Lucy


Lucy is a 2 year old Shetland Sheepdog owned by Becky and Lewis Jones! Becky says that Lucy acts as her alarm clock, waking her up everyday during the summer at 6am to go on their morning walk.
"She is by far the best workout partner I could ask for! She has become my shadow, never leaving my side. Someone said a quote once, "My little dog...a heartbeat at my feet." That is truly Lucy. Always faithful, loving, and a wonderful friend."



Shiloh


Shiloh is a double dapple Dachshund owned by Sarah Sandberg! Shiloh is blind, as double dapples often are, and Sarah included this sweet message about him in her entry:

"I'd like to give a quick explanation of why I chose my blind boy over my 3 perfectly healthy and to many people much more photogenic. I wanted to share with people that special needs animals ( of any kind ) can be "perfect" too. Although Shiloh can not see he is an amazing boy who came into my life rather suddenly and has quickly taken my heart over in a matter of just a few weeks. I went into the rescue of him with thoughts of fear, "what ifs" and how can I care for him as I knew nothing of blind dogs. HE is teaching me that there is nothing to fear, there are very few "what ifs" and I think if anything he's caring for me right now."

To find out more about Shiloh's story, visit Sarah's blog by clicking Here



Chachi


Chachi is a 4 month old Chihuahua owned by Natalie Arias! Natalie describes Chachi as being "Shy, loving and playful"



Chester


Chester was a 5 month old Chihuahua owned by Natalie Arias. Natalie rescued this little guy, who sadly passed away on June 4th after battling parvo.

Natalie writes "Found him at one in the morning in my neighborhood, he was just seven weeks, put my car on park in the middle of the street and went after him and took him home. He was amazing, young, energetic"

Even though his time here was cut short, I think Chester was lucky to have found Natalie.



Chochi


Chochi is a 9 year old Chihuahua also owned by Natalie Arias! His picture seems to be an accurate representation of his character ;) Natalie describes him as: "aggressive, angry, loving"



Chula


Chula is Natalie Arias's 4th Chihuahua, a two year old who was rescued from Rancho Cucamonga Animal Shelter. Natalie writes: "I really wanted to adopt this time from a shelter being that I had a horrible experience with a back yard breeder. I saw this cute white chihuahua and I fell in love right then and there. We had a little difficulties looking for a name to suit her, and my mom said "Es muy Chula" which in Spanish translates to "Shes so Cute." From then on, we called her Chula, which means Cute or Cutie in Spanish."



Chitluk


Chitluk is a husky/malamute mix owned by Kelsey Lamar! He will be 3 this August and was rescued by Kelsey when he was still small enough to fit in the palm of her hand. Literally.

Kelsey writes "I got my dog while living in an Eskimo village in Alaska. He was born in a dirty old train car and I picked him out the day after he was born. Due to the horrible living conditions, he came to live with me when he was just 2 weeks old"



Killian


Killian is a 7 year old Longhaired Dachshund owned by Michelle Duckworth! Michelle spared Killian from a potentially bad situation. "I always wanted a chocolate dachshund and this Amish Backyared Breeder was about to purchase him and I quickly bought Killian out from under him. I didn't want to see this dachshund being used as a breeder only living in a kennel....it's been a love affair ever since!"



Penny Lane


Penny Lane is a 7 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel owned by TJ and Shannon Bolan! They write that Penny is "Friendly, Silly and Loving".
Penny Lane's name was chosen long before she was: "My husband and I love The Beatles and have always loved the song Penny Lane. We decided years ago that we would name our first dog that name (well assuming she looked like a Penny Lane!)" Which, I definitely think she does!


Ok, now go vote!

8 comments:

  1. You know .. it's very hard to place a vote. They are all such adorable babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiloh! though I love them all!! :) I tried to to the survey vote thingy but it doesn't think i am logged on when I think I am..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same issue with being able to vote, it shows in I signed in but the form won't let me vote. I vote for Shiloh, I was fortunate in helping is Shiloh's rescue. Not only is he a wonderfully handsome fellow, but Sarah is a perfect friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about the difficulties with voting :( If we had known it was going to make people sign up to vote, we would've done it a different way! I was told you have to follow our blog in order for it to think you are signed in. So you may want to try that, and you can always unfollow it after I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you sign your dog up for September? Mira Bella wants to sign up. She has her own blog on here too. www.mirasmiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can enter your dog for next month's contest by sending your pictures here:

    TheHotDiggity@hotmail.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't vote :( Was already a member and following this blog. I can't vote for my own puppy lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? I don't understand! Some people said they had to click "follow" twice. Next time we will try to get a poll that is easier!

    ReplyDelete